Let's end our series with a race and day at the pool.
BRING YOUR BATHING SUIT!
Hansen Dam is known for its ginormous swimming pool and beach sand . The Pool opens at 11AM and entry is $3.50. Race will provide 30 free entries to race participants.
SUNDAY AUGUST 13, 2017
Gun goes off at 8:30AM
Hansen Dam - Magnolia Section
Meetup Map >>>
No Bib numbers, Participatns are giving cards with place number and are responsible to submit card to us so we can tabulate results.
- People expected: 10-25 people
Race entry fee
- Members = Free
- Students = Free
- NBB Friends i.e. Fleet Feet Burbank Trail Runners = Free
- Non-Members =
- Prizes: Overall TBD
- Course Map >>>
- We will run the perimeter of the park and see all the main attractions i.e the pool, lake, horse trails, center of the dam, the tujunga wash, the concrete slaps and the discovery cube dinasours.
- There's lots of trails in this park. We will try our best to mark the route but ifyou get lost or accidently cut the course please let us know.
- The course is 100% trail, some sections are very sandy.
- You may soak your shoes in a creek crossing at mile 3.5 and again at near mile 5
- Mile 3.5 to 4 is very hilly
- It's only a 10K but it's sandy, hilly and lots of turns so it'll be a tough one if you go fast, fun if you enjoy the sights.