Pending Board Approval
Naomi Bisagno, President
Alejandro Escobedo, Board Director
Amir Medovoi, Board Director
Jennifer Sunahara, Board Director
Tim Panec, Board Director
Todd Covert, Board Director
Helga Jessen, Treasurer
Abigail Canizales, Co-Chair, Racing Committee
Rene Canizales, Co-Chair, Racing Committee
Larry & Nancy Dervin, Guests
Sandy Gitmed, Secretary
Naomi called the meeting at 11:00am
Current Meeting Agenda Items
(a) General Club Meetings will be held in the future.
(b) Board Meetings are usually open to club members and pre-announced but not always.
II. Social Runs
(a) Sunday Runs have been posted through June.
(b) Thursday Runs
* Will be held at Balboa for next 2 weeks.
* March 30th will be held at Top of Reseda.
* From April 6th Thursday runs will alternate between Balboa and Top of Reseda for next several months unless notified otherwise.
III. Leadership Committee (AKA Election / Volunteer Committee) update by Tim Panec
(a) Caryn may need some assistance with the Committee as Lisa has family health issues.
(b) Volunteer inquiries have been minimal.
(c) Daisy & Mariela have expressed interest in Board Director or other positions.
IV. Rocky Peak 50K / 30K Trail Races update by Nancy Dervin
(a) To be held October 14, 2017
(b) Budgets need to be known.
(c) Permits Granted Verbal but not Final Approval.
(d) Nancy passed out a spread sheet time-line for tasks required - special need for Course Maps verbalized.
(e) NBB Liasion to Trail Run Events and Coordinator of NBB Volunteering for Rocky Peak is Jennifer Sunahara.
(f) Sponsors being sought but will be left off promotional media for now.
(g) Green Logo for Rocky Peak may change color.
(f) Akiko created a visually beautiful flyer.
(g) Dedicated Instagram account established and same may be done on Face Book.
V. For Future Discussion
(a) Cross Country Shoe Fund
* Usually held Saturday after Labor Day.
* If? / When?
* Banquet traditionally a great way to drive membership.
VI. Race Committee updates by Rene and Abby Canizales
(a) NBB Race Series
* Dates Set for Basin 5000 on 7/12/2017 and NBB Championship 10K at Hansom Dam on 8/15/2017.
* Point system and prises still under consideration but participation will be a rewarded.
(d) NBB Club Racing Uniform.
* Displayed Race Kits by The Rabbit Apparel for our Club Racing.
* Bulk Pricing of 40% off granted to NBB where 10 units are bought together pre-ordered.
* Singlets and shorts will be available a la carte.
* Logo to have NBB Bold lettering and New Basin Blues in little lettering underneath.
* Logo will be iron-on at a cost of about $1.00, a big savings vs. Screen Printing.
VII. Website Suggestions
(a) Rene would like to hear thoughts about placement of info on the website. Placement can make a big difference in activity.
Meeting Adjourned 11:45 am