New Basin Blues Running Club
Minutes for 9/10/2017
Naomi Bisagno, President
Amir Medovoi, Board Director
Lubos Brieda, Board Director
Jennifer Sunahara, Board Director
Mariela Mariscal, Board Director
Helga Jessen, Treasurer
Sandy Gitmed, Secretary
Daisy Mendoza, Board Director
Naomi called the meeting at 9:31am
New Board Members welcomed and roles discussed.
II Board of Director Duties
-Board Members should be knowledgeable and up to date about NBB, its club functions and activities.
-Board Members are expected to assist with general communication to the club at-large.
-Board Members should help plan and make sure runs go smoothly.
III Goals for 2017-2018
1. Raise money for the club
- Relay Race - “Resolution Relay”
* Naomi is thinking of a Relay Style race at Hanson Dam.
* Invite other clubs to put together teams to participate.
* Charge maybe $20 for simple race.
-Paid Volunteering is a possibility NBB undertook in the past.
-Jen mentioned sending in old shoes in return for money.
2. Increase NBB memberships via promotion
-Training Shirts, Jen suggested the $15.00 Rabbit stock that we could print on.
3. Continue our excellent social media presence.
-Mariela has done great work.
-Can also post events on Strava.
4. Continue our strong showing at races and other running events.
IV Officer Appointments
1. Board to set dates for nominations.
-4 Officer Positions are available and must be made available to the club.
-If any NBB member might be interested in taking a position the BOD must know about it.
-BOD should know if current officers would like to resume or not resume their positions for another term.
* President - Naomi would likely stay on.
* Vice President - this position is open.
* Treasurer - Hoping Helga stays on.
* Secretary - Sandy if she wants to remain Secretary can do so and if not, Amir can fill in position.
V Rocky Peak
- T-Shirts and Medals (Bottle Openers) are on the way.
- Durvin's may need more assistance.
- Rocky Peak could use more promotion to succeed.
- Utilize Alexis ?
- NBB will have a presence at the Finish Line.
VI XC Shoe Fund event
- Adidas paying for the XC shoes this year.
- Promotion Needed.
- Meet at FF Encino Store 9/23/2017 - What time ?
- Get this on official NBB Calendar ASAP !!!!!
- Run to Balboa Park
- Breakfast - Jeff Vanini can set up his pancake breakfast and If not, Amir will get the bagels like prior year.
- FF Encino has some games in mind.
- NBB should help out to ensure safety of HS runners and help with the hand out of shoes.
VII. Run Calendar
- Runs should be planned and posted 3-4 months advanced.
- We have traditional runs to pick from but we can ask club members if they want to share/host special trail runs they know about.
VIII. Club Banquet Rescheduled
- Date Nominally set for final week of January, 2018.
Meeting adjourned at 10:10 am